Marathon Training Week 23 and 24: Tough Mudder Fun!

Good afternoon everyone! I am sorry for the delay in writing a new post! When I got back home from Nashville last weekend, I was so tired and had a lot to do. This weekend has been pretty hectic too. I am getting to this post a day later than I wanted to. I hope you are all doing magically! Work has been crazy busy! It is looking like it i s going to stay that way. Weekends has been busy but lots of fun! Nashville was a great time. I loved ToughMudder! This weekend I also went to the Balloon Fiesta Glow! I had never been before! Here are my past two weeks in review!

Week 23: Marathon Specific Training

Monday 9/30/19: Speed Work and Barre

2 mile Warm Up
4 x (800m uphill at HMP, 60 seconds rest, 800m downhill at MP)
2 minutes rest between sets
2 mile Warm Down


I ran my first warm up mile at 8:00 min/mile and my second warm up mile at 7:41 min/mile. I ran the half marathon pace (HMP) at 6:44 min/mile and the marathon pace at 7:13 min/mile. I used my Fitbit to track the workout. My warm down miles were ran at 7:30 min/mile.

Tuesday 10/1/19: OrangeTheory


Wednesday 10/2/19:  Tempo Run, Upper Body, and Barre

2 mile Warm Up
4 mile tempo at HMP
1 mile Warm Down



1st mile warm up was ran at 8:00min/mile. Second mile warm up was ran at 7:30min/mile. 4 mile tempo at HMP was 6:44min/mile. My 1 mile warm down was ran at 7:30min/mile.


My trainer could not train on Tuesday (our normal day), so we rescheduled to Wednesday.

4 sets:

Incline Chest Press: 90lb, 140lb, 160lb, 180lb
Seated Row: 110lb, 130lb, 140lb, 150lb
Shoulder Press: 40lb, 50lb, 60lb, 70lb
Tricep Push Down: 50lb, 60lb, 70lb, 80lb
 Dumbbell Hammer Curl: 20lb dumbbells, 25lb, 30lb, 35lb
Abs

I started at 8 reps for the first set, 6 reps for the second and third set, and 4 reps for the last set.

I love teaching Barre. I am such a dork, but I love my class. I love seeing their transformations. I love seeing them notice themselves getting stronger. It is truly amazing to witness, and I am honored to be a part of it.

Thursday 10/3/19: OrangeTheory


Friday 10/4/19: Long Run OrangeTheory

Marathon Simulation (on rolling hill course):
8-9 miles easy
8-9 miles at MP
1-2 miles easy

I woke up and it was raining! I did not want to run in the rain and increase my susceptibility for getting sick. Especially since I had Tough Mudder the next day and my marathon getting closer and closer. Alas, I missed out on my last super long run 😢, but it's okay! That's why these training plans are so long. I ended up going to OrangeTheory to fit in a workout! Then, I went home, showered, and got ready to head to the airport for Nashville!!!

Saturday 10/5/19: Tough Mudder!

5k obstacle course



This was so much fun! I loved it! I can't wait to go again and try the classic!

Sunday 10/6/19: Rest


I ate so much bad food this weekend! It was worth it! Hot chicken, cookie dough, and other deliciouness 😍. Also, saw the Parthenon replica, which was pretty neat.

Week 24: Taper Phase

Monday 10/7/19: Speed Work and Barre

2 mile Warm Up
5 x 1k at 10k pace with 2 minutes rest
2 mile Warm Down


First mile warm up was 8:min/mile, second mile warm up was 7:30min/mile. 10k pace was 6:25min/mile. Two mile warm down was 7:30min/mile.

I felt so exhausted after this. I did not work out until the afternoon before I had to teach Barre. I definitely prefer running fasted. Barre was super fun though!

Tuesday 10/8/19: OrangeTheory 


Wednesday 10/9/19:  Easy Run, Legs, and Barre

3-5 mi easy run


I ran 5 miles at about an 8min/mile pace. I did go a little faster at some points, but not much faster. I left my Fitbit at home, so I used my OrangeTheory app, but it stopped tracking my heart rate and stayed at around 132.


My trainer rescheduled on me again, so we did legs Wednesday instead of Tuesday.

Leg Press: 180lb
Seated Leg Curl: 45lb
Leg Abductors: 100lb, 120lb, 120lb, 120lb,
Leg Extension: 120lb, 140lb, 150lb, 150lb
 Leg Press: 180lb
Abs

The first set was 12 reps, second set, 14 reps, third set 17 reps, and last set was 17 reps.

Thursday 10/10/19: OrangeTheory


It has been a struggle to get those 12 splat points lately! I am learning I have to increase my speed even higher for those running intervals.

Friday 10/11/19: Easy Run

5-7 mi easy run


I woke up and it was freezing and so dark! I did not want to run with it so dark (and cold). I definitely need to get a lgiht to run with and reflective running gear! I decided to run after work, which is not my preference, but I did not feel like running seven miles on the treadmill today!

Saturday 10/12/19: Long Run and Barre

2 mile Warm Up
2 x (2 miles at HM on/ 1 miles easy)
2 mile Warm Down



It was cold for my long run! My Fitbit also did not track miles correct, so I do not have a pace to show you all. I did not feel super great about my run, which has me feeling super nervous for the marathon. We shall see how it goes.



The Balloon Fiesta 😍.

Sunday 10/13/19: Rest

I had a massage and acupuncture today! I am trying to make sure my body is going to be ready for that full marathon! I also took measurements!


9/22/19 Measurements:

Weight: 122.2lbs
Neck: 12in
Chest: 32.75in
Waist: 26.25in
Hip: 35in
Left Thigh: 20.75in
Right Thigh: 20.75in
Left Calf: 13.25in
Right Calf: 13.25in
Left Bicep: 10.25in
Right Bicep: 10.25in
Left Forearm: 9.25in
Right Forearm: 9.375in
Wrist: 6.25in

Body Fat w/tape measurements: 22.73%
Body Fat w/caliper: 20.36%
-Abs: 17mm
-Suprailiac: 19mm
-Tricep: 13mm
-Thigh: 19mm

Average Body Fat: 21.545%

10/14/19 Measurements:

Weight: 119.5lbs
Neck: 12in
Chest: 32.25in
Waist: 26.25in
Hip: 34.5in
Left Thigh: 21in
Right Thigh: 21in
Left Calf: 13in
Right Calf: 13in
Left Bicep: 10.25in
Right Bicep: 10.25in
Left Forearm: 9.25in
Right Forearm: 9.375in
Wrist: 6.25in

Body Fat w/tape measurements: 22.01%
Body Fat w/caliper: 18.92%
-Abs: 17mm
-Suprailiac: 19mm
-Tricep: 11mm
-Thigh: 15mm

Average Body Fat: 20.47%



I am getting so close to my body fat percentage goal! I really need to focus on what I am eating as it inches close and closer! I have come a long way from where I first started. Who knew I would get here? The journey and process has been long and difficult, but it has been worth it, so worth it.

Diet

My diet has not been the greatest lately. I definitely cheated last weekend with cheese and eating chicken (although, I did say I was still going to have poultry and beef occasionally). Definitely cheated with the cheese and sweet treats though! I have been eating more towards maintenance in terms of calorie consumption. I think I am going to keep it that way after my marathon and focus on fat loss. Maybe, it will be slightly less (geared towards 0.5 lb per week weight loss). I have not yet decided. I am enjoying the pescetarian diet. I love fish and seafood, and I love veggies. Combining it with the MIND diet has been easier than anticipated. I have however, not been great with the MIND diet goals (I always am slightly less than the suggested serving per day and week), but I definitely plan to really focus on both diets after my marathon and creating a meal plan that works with both diets, my calorie goals, and macro goals.

I cannot believe I am here in the Taper phase. I am in the Red Zone (it is shaded red on the training plan)! It is crazy. One more week guys! I am terrified, excited, and super nervous. It's been 6 months of training for this. Time surely has flown. I feel a little bit sad that it's almost over. I also feel like I am going to be a little lost. I do not know what's next after this. Will I train for a personal best for a half marathon? Maybe train for a triathlon? Maybe even take a small break, and train for another full marathon. I have no idea. I know for certain that running will stay a huge part of my exercise routine. It may not be as many miles, but there will still be plenty!


I saved this quote around the time I started training for the marathon. I read it again recently, and it really it me. I got emotional and started to cry. This quote feels so true. I love running, but I never knew how much or how much I missed it. It is so challenging. These long distances sometimes feel like torture but other times feel so freeing. When I run, I feel like I have wings. The wind in my face and hair, the sound of my feet hitting the floor, my breathing, and it all coming together. When every thing comes together and I find my stride and pace, it feels like I can run forever. It feels like I have wings. When I started, I never imagines I would get to this point. I ran for the first time after a long time a year ago (last October). I was able to run 5 miles and decided to run a 10k, the farthest distance for me at the time. I ran once a week for a few weeks, then stopped, and ran a couple more long runs right before. Then, I ran a 10 miler with no training (I do not suggest this)! Next came the half marathon. With all of these runs there was little or no training. Then, now with my marathon training I have been running consistently four times a week. It has been seeing. Running is where I clear my thoughts, where I push myself, where I sometimes feel like I am dying, where I reach new limits, and where I fly. It's where I am most free.

Until next time,
<3 Ari <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions in Progress

Improving that Leviosa!

Remembrall Needed, Mine's Busted!