Marathon Training Week 15 and 16!

Good evening everyone! I am so sorry I missed last week's post! I changed my long run day and had two appointments. I just did not get a chance to write a post. For that, I am sorry! Things have just been really busy and hectic! I do have some exciting things to share! I'll get to sharing my workouts the past two weeks. I am sorry if they are not is as much detail as they should be. I promise to do better with them this next week!

Week 15: Marathon Specific Training

Monday 8/5/19: Speed Work

2 mile Warm Up
2 x (800m uphill at HMP, 60 seconds rest, 800m downhill at MP)
2 minutes rest between sets
4 x (400m uphill at 10k Pace, 45 seconds rest, 400m downhill at MP)
90 seconds rest between sets
2 mile Warm Down


Warm up and warm down was ran at about 8:27 min/mile. Half Marathon Pace (HMP) was 7:19 min/mile and Marathon Pace (MP) was ran at 7:41 min/mile.

Tuesday 8/6/19: OrangeTheory, Legs, and Barre



Legs

4 sets:

Floating Plate Leg Press: 180lb, 270lb, 360lb, 360lb
Seated Leg Curl: 50lb
Leg Abductors: 90lb, 110lb, 130lb, 130lb
Leg Extension: 100lb, 130lb, 150lb, 150lb
Floating Plate Leg Press: 180lb, 270lb, 360lb, 360lb
Abs

I started at 12 reps and went up to 14 reps then 17 reps and then 20 reps.

Wednesday 8/7/19: Aerobic Run and Barre

5-7 mile Aerobic Run



Thursday 8/8/19: OrangeTheory, Upper Body, and Barre



4 Sets:

Incline Chest Press
Pull Up Assist Machine: Pull Up, Dip, Chin Up, Dip, Neutral Pull Up
Abs

I did not write down my weights for this routine (I know I fail 😒). I will tell you this. It has been awhile since I used the pull up assist machine, and I felt so much stronger than before. Noticing those differences really motivates me to continue to push myself. Seeing and feeling progress in myself is amazing and makes me want to stay working hard.

Friday 8/9/19: Easy Run
5-7 mile easy run


I ran the easy run at about 8:27 min/mile.

Saturday 8/10/19: OrangeTheory 5K and Barre


I ran the 5k in 20 min and 45 seconds! It was an average of 6 min and 48 seconds per mile! That is a new personal record for me! It made me so happy and I cried! It is a big milestone for me and how far I have come in my own journey. There was a time that I could never imagine being where I am at now. Persistent and hard work pay off. Continuing to put in the work when you are not seeing progress is hard, but stay consistent and results will come.

Sunday 8/11/19: Long Run

2 mile Warm Up
2 x 5 miles at MP with 5 minutes jog between reps
2 mile Warm Down


I did not get the MP for all the miles I was supposed to when looking at my splits. That's okay though. I did not realize how tiring the 5k was until I started mu long run. It definitely had an impact. Also, Sunday is normally my rest day, so I think that played a factor as well. 

After my long run, I met my family for breakfast. Then, I had an acupuncture appointment followed by Napropathy! I forgot how much i loved acupuncture. It felt really good. It was the first time I have tried Napropathy. It was really good. I got really good advice and stretches to try. I am trying to be preventative about injuries and take care of my body, especially which how much I put in through with all of my training. 

Week 16: Marathon Specific Training

Monday 8/12/19: Rest and Barre

I changed up my Barre Teaching schedule to Mondays and Wednesdays instead of Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am supposed to be starting a project management professional class for work, which I am super excited about!

Tuesday 8/13/19: OrangeTheory and Legs



Legs

4 sets:

Leg Press: 180lb, 270lb, 360lb, 360lb
Seated Leg Curl: 45lb
Leg Abductors: 100lb, 120lb, 130lb, 130lb
Leg Extension: 120lb, 140lb, 150lb, 150lb
 Leg Press: 180lb, 270lb, 360lb, 360lb
Abs

This week my reps for each set were 12, 14, 17, 17. I stayed at 17 this week instead of 20 reps for the last set. I was feeling weaker and did not want to over do it.

Wednesday 8/14/19:  Speed Work and Barre

2 mile Warm Up
2 x (1 mile at HM, 800m at 5k) all with 2 minutes rest
2 mile Warm Down


Warm Up and Warm Down pace were about 8:27 min/mile. HM pace was 7:18 min/mile and 5k 6:40 min/mile. 

Thursday 8/15/19: OrangeTheory



Friday 8/16/19: Easy Run and Yoga

4-5 mile easy run


Easy run was not exactly and easy run. I did a 5 mile cut down. So I did a mile warm up and then 3 miles at MP starting slower and increasing the pace every mile. The last mile was a warm down.

Saturday 8/17/19: Long Run and Barre

11-13 mile Easy Long Run

 


I was focused on getting the mileage ran and did not worry about my pace very much. After my run, I taught Barre, which was really awesome! Them, I went to the movies and watched Angry Bird 2. I loved it!

Sunday 8/18/19: Rest

That sums up my workouts for the past two weeks. My trainer was sick and was not able to train with me on Thursday this week. This worked out well for me because I was really tired this week. It helped to get a little break. I think everything felt thrown off since I did my long run a different day because of the OrangeTheory 5k. Today, I went to a High Tea with my mom and sisters for a Make a Wish fundraiser. I had fun with them, plus it is for a great cause. Before we left, I made a gluten free breakfast and all of my family came over. I made a sweet potato hash and peanut butter banana pancakes! It came out really good and everyone loved it! I am slowly getting more into cooking. I am finding it a lot of fun! On Friday, I got my first order of food from HelloFresh! I got a discount and decided to try it for a few weeks! Today, I cooked all of the meals from it! I made Pork Carnitas Tacos, Blackened Barramundi, and Chicken Sausage Zucchini Boats! It was fun and made me feel like a real chef! Going to see how it goes for a few more weeks and if I continue to like it!

Tomorrow, I am starting the MIND diet! I am super excited about this. I have slowly been working towards a healthier diet like this. The MIND diet combines the mediterranean and the DASH diets. I love that it does not completely eliminate any food groups. There are ones to focus on and others to moderate and really limit. The foods to focus on eating are leafy green vegetable, other vegetables, berries, nuts, whole grains and starchy vegetables, seafood, poultry, beans and legumes, vegetable oils,  and wine. The foods to limits are red meat, whole-fat dairy products (butter, cream, cheese),  fried foods, sweets and pastries. Lastly, avoid trans fats. The hardest part of this diet will definitely be the cheese. I know I have mentioned that I do not do diets well, but that is because most of them eliminate a food group. With this one, reading about it, it just seems more sustainable to me. There are things to limit, but you are not breaking the diet by having a donut. I plan on going into more details about the MIND diet next week and letting you all know how week one is going. Next week, I will also have a new set of measurements! I do not know how well those will be (I have not been doing the greatest with how much I have been eating), but I definitely plan on getting back on track!

"The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent."-unknown

I know it gets really hard. Believe me I know. I may not know how hard it is for you or where you are  at, but you can do this. There are times when there will be no results even though you are doing everything right. There will be times when you take one step forward and two steps back (sometimes even more), but that's okay. The important thing is that you keep going. You keep trying. Stay consistent and persistent. Stay determined and don't give up. You got this. Those results come. Sometimes it's really slow. So don't give in.

Talk to you soon!
πŸ’šAriπŸ’š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions in Progress

Improving that Leviosa!

Remembrall Needed, Mine's Busted!