Results are in!

Good evening everyone! Sorry for the two week delay! I meant to have this post out yesterday, but was having internet issues. I was out of town last weekend in Las Vegas! Then, this week was super busy with work and getting stuff done that I could not over the weekend. Plus, it was my birthday this week! :) Things have been really busy, but also really good! I started my two-week no added sugar! Details below! I also finished listening to the audio books for Harry Potter! It was definitely a different experience. With all the books read (listened to), I plan on watching the movies! Yay! Currently on the 5th one!!! I also really want to restart the audio books πŸ˜‚. I just love Harry Potter so much! Anyways, below are my workouts!

Monday 12/02/19: Rest

Tuesday 12/03/19: Cardio

Elliptical


I used the treadmill for the elliptical since it was the closest because my Fitbit did not have elliptical as an option until an update.

Wednesday 12/04/19: OrangeTheory

OrangeTheory
.

Thursday 12/05/19: OrangeTheory

OrangeTheory


Friday 12/06/19: OrangeTheory

OrangeTheory



Saturday 12/07/19-Sunday 12/08/19: Rest

I was in Vegas! Had tons of fun!

Bellagio Fountain

Hell's Kitchen Restaurant

I did not take a picture, but the kitchen was blue and red and all of the chefs were in blue or red. It was pretty cool, and the food was phenomenal 😍


Cirque de Soleil Mystere

I had no idea a performance with no context could impact me so much. The music was incredible and the performers were beyond amazing. All of the acts were fascinating, but my favorite by far was the aerial ribbon (not entirely sure what it is called). It was a male and female. With no story or context their performance brought me to tears. It was just so magical and beautiful. I was mesmerized.

Monday 12/09/19: OrangeTheory

OrangeTheory



When I got home, I went to OrangeTheory (and also taught my Barre class). I had to burn off some of that food!

Tuesday 12/10/19: Cardio and OrangeTheory (Happy Birthday to Me)

Yes, I worked out twice on my birthday πŸ˜‚

Elliptical



I had a Fitbit update and the elliptical became an option!

OrangeTheory



After this OrangeTheory workout, my knee was hurting. I pushed it a little too hard on the treadmill (guess what, I went more than 4 miles). 4 miles seems to be my limit for now.


My older sister sent my twin and I each an edible arrangement! I loved it!

Wednesday 12/11/19: Cardio and OrangeTheory

Elliptical



OrangeTheory

.
Thursday 12/12/19: Cardio

Elliptical


Friday 12/13/19: Cardio

Elliptical



Saturday 12/14/19: Cardio

Rest

Today, I got the In Body done at OrangeTheory. Results are shown and talked about below.

Sunday 12/15/19: Cardio

Run


Old Measurements taken 11/23/19:



Weight: 115.5lbs
Neck: 11.75in
Chest: 32.25in
Waist: 26.25in
Hip: 34in
Left Thigh: 19.25in
Right Thigh: 20in
Left Calf: 13in
Right Calf: 13in
Left Bicep: 10in
Right Bicep: 10in
Left Forearm: 9in
Right Forearm: 9in
Wrist: 6.125in

Body Fat w/tape measurements: 21.65%
Body Fat w/caliper: 16.69%
-Abs: 15mm
-Suprailiac: 17mm
-Tricep: 9mm
-Thigh: 12mm

Average Body Fat: 19.17%

Scale Body Fat: 22.3%

Average of the 3: 20.21%

New Measurements taken 12/14/19:

Weight: 114.7lbs
Neck: 11.75in
Chest: 32in
Waist: 26.5in
Hip: 34.25in
Left Thigh: 19.75in
Right Thigh: 20.25in
Left Calf: 12.75in
Right Calf: 13in
Left Bicep: 10in
Right Bicep: 10in
Left Forearm: 9in
Right Forearm: 9.25in
Wrist: 6.125in

Body Fat w/tape measurements: 22.37%
Body Fat w/caliper: 17.4%
-Abs: 17mm
-Suprailiac: 19mm
-Tricep: 9mm
-Thigh: 11mm

Average Body Fat: 19.9%

Scale Body Fat: 21.9%

Average of the 3: 20.55%

OrangeTheory InBody Results:



The InBody scan has a 98% accuracy! After taking the scan, I was asked what my goals are because I will get another scan 90 days from 12/14. Honestly, I was stumped. For the first time in 3 years, I did not know what to say. What the scan showed, those were results were always my goal. I did it. That body fat percentage was my goal. I wanted to be in the athlete range. It state low, but the description of that range is low but healthy amount of fat for athletes. I do not want to go any lower than that. I also do not want to go any lower in weight. So my answer was "I don't know". It felt crazy to say. Since the scan also showed muscle distribution, we talked about maybe my goal being increasing my leg strength, which I am definitely hoping to do. I found it funny that my legs were weaker than my upper body. When I thought about it, it made sense since I really toned it down on leg days with all of my running, but kept at it on the upper body. I think now my goals are going to be maintenance and focused more on food. It's time to put more attention into how I ma fueling my body, which the no added sugar is really helpful for and I'll talk about more. 

Diet:

My diet was non-existent before starting the no added-sugarπŸ˜…. I did feel it though. Eating a little worse (maybe more than a little) definitely affected me. I felt a little bit sick. I started the no added sugar the day after my birthday! It'll work out that I shall be able to eat whatever sugar items I want on Christmas (but I will try to limit it and not over indulge) lol. Ready for my no added sugar rules??? This is a stricter no added sugar than I have ever done!

No Added Sugar (Refined and Natural):

No Refined Sugar
No Artificial Sweeteners
No Stevia
No Honey
No Maple Syrup
No Diet Cokes
No Monk Fruit
No Flavored Coffee
Bananas and Dates are okay

I point out that I am okay with Bananas and Dates because I am not doing a sugar free diet which eliminates most fruit besides ones like berries. I am definitely going to try for the two-weeks, but will happy if I make it to one, which is so close! One more day! Since I am not doing a sugar-free plan, fruits are okay! I made Raisin Pecan Bars which actually turned out good! One of the no-added sugar plans and challenges I looked at limited fruit to 3 times a day. I am going to try to do that, but that will be a bonus. After seeing how this goes, I might reel it in a bit and allow Stevia and limit amount of diet cokes. It has only just started, but I am missing those a lot. For my work holiday party, I made almond and peanut butter fudge. I planned to use natural ones so I would be able to eat it, but the peanut butter was not :( I went without sweets and had lots of veggies instead.

I am working on following the MIND diet better and not only focusing on the foods to limits. I need to incorporate more on berries, whole grains, and leafy greens. My food plan during the added sugar does involve more leafy greens, berries, nuts, and whole grains. I think it gets close to the recommendations, but I have not checked the servings per day. I still need to work on the consistency of my calories intake to determine where I maintain. It depends on when I exercise or not but it looks like it is anywhere from 1540 to 2040 depending on my workouts. I keep having days of way over or way under, so I keep balancing out (except last weekend...calories don't count on vacation πŸ˜‚. They do count, but I don't stress about it. Need to enjoy yourself). Lately, it has been mostly over... I have not been focused on intermittent fasting, and if it does happen it's for less hours. I am still trying to not eat anything after 8 pm so give 2-3 hours before going to bed (sometimes that time needs to be earlier πŸ˜‚), which has been effective. I have pictures of some of what I made which were a gluten-free pineapple upside down cake, raisin pecan bar, chowder, whole-wheat bread, and almond and peanut butter fudge! Not pictured is linguine and a rice bowl.

Raisin Pecan Bar
Raisin pecan bars consisted of dates, raisins, pure vanilla extract, water and a pinch of salt.

Gluten-Free Pineapple Upside Down cake
Gluten-free pineapple upside down cake was made with gluten-free baking flour, pineapples, pineapple juice, maraschino cherries, stevia, monk fruit sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, egg, nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt, pure vanilla extract, light butter, almond milk, and salt.

Almond & Peanut Butter Fudge
Almond and Peanut Butter Fudge was made with PB Fit almond powder, pb fit chocolate peanut butter powder, coconut oil, and pinch of salt.

Chowder
The chowder was made with, potatoes, all-purpose flour, prosciutto, green onion, peas, garlic, salt, pepper, butter, and chicken base.

Whole Wheat Bread
The whole wheat bread was my second batch of bread this year and my family told me it was better than my first! I am really excited. I have been playing around with whole wheat bread and not using any recipes! This one was made with whole-wheat flour, yeast, an egg, and salt!

The linguine consisted of light cream, corn, garlic, salt, pepper, linguine noodles, tomatoes, and shrimp.

The rice bowl consisted of 1 cup brown rice (cooked), 1 can of corn, 1 can of low-sodium black beans, spinach leaves, garlic, salt, and pepper.

Let me tell you, I will be happy when my no-added sugar is over that why I do not have to check and triple check the ingredients in everything πŸ˜‚

My knee was been feeling better the beginning of this week, but it started to hurt again during the middle of the week. I still decided to attempted a run to see! I started to feel it and forgot to wear my knee brace so I kept it short and just did a 5K length. I also got my 12 days of Fitness workout socks from OrangeTheory!

OrangeTheory 12 days of Fitness Socks 
“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”-Winston Churchill

I have failed many times throughout this journey. I have failed when trying to reach a new personal record. I have failed with trying new diets. In the end, I did it guys. I reached that body fat percentage goal. I reached a super uber dream weight goal. I definitely cried when I got home. I was so happy and still in a state of disbelief. I have worked towards this for 3 years. I cannot describe the feeling. All of the ups and downs. All of the setbacks. Feeling judged for bringing my own food going out to eat or constantly calorie counting. Adjusting my diet and trying new fitness classes. Fighting through the slumps. It was all worth it. I don't know what is next, but I plan to figure it out by the new year. Anything is possible. Sometimes, it just takes patience and time.

Until next time,
Ari πŸ’–

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions in Progress

Improving that Leviosa!

Remembrall Needed, Mine's Busted!