Marathon Training Week 21!

Good evening everyone! I hope you have all had a great week! Mine was busy, but good! Work has been so busy and only looking like it is going to get busier! This week, I went to trivia and it was really fun! I also went to the movies and ate a Japanese restaurant for my brother's birthday! Ramen and takoyaki are soooo delicious 😍! I hope to go to Japan one day! That is the dream!

Here is my training week in review:

Week 21: Marathon Specific Training

Monday 9/16/19: Tempo Run

2 mile Warm Up
3 mile Tempo at HM
1 mile Warm Down



My run was not too great this morning. I re-calculated my paces using a website and my half-marathon results. It said my new easy pace is 8:00min/mile which I did for warm up and warm down. It also said my new tempo run training pace is 6:39min/mile. I did it a little slower at 6:48min/mile. I also did not get my heart rate up to the Orange Zone, but I tried. I was just a little too tired from the half marathon. I did not do enough stretch and recovery after my half-marathon, but my legs felt nothing like last time! I walked normally!

Tuesday 9/17/19: OrangeTheory and Upper Body


OrangeTheory was awesome! I was not sure if I would get 12 splat points, but somehow i managed!

Upper Body:

4 sets:

Incline Chest Press: 80lb,100lb, 120lb, 160lb
Pull-Up Assist Machine-Pull Up: 110lb, 100lb, 90lb, 80lb
Pull-Up Assist Machine-Dips110lb, 100lb, 90lb, 80lb
Pull-Up Assist Machine-Chin Up110lb, 100lb, 90lb, 80lb
 Pull-Up Assist Machine-Dips110lb, 100lb, 90lb, 80lb
Pull-Up Assist Machine-Neutral Up: 110lb, 100lb, 90lb, 80lb
Abs

Reps started at 10 for the first set. Second set was 8 reps, third set 6 reps, and fourth set was 6 reps. I thought it was a little light, but my trainer made a good point that it had been awhile since I have done this. He was right (which I have to admit to him). I was more sore than normal the next day.

Wednesday 9/18/19:  Speed Work and Barre

2 mile Warm Up
4 x 1 mile at 10k pace with 3 minutes rest
1-2 mile Warm Down


My 1st mile pace was 8:00min/mile, Second mile pace was 7:45min/mile. 3rd mile 10k pace was 6:27min/mile. 4th and 5th mile 10k pace was 6:22min/mile. 6th mile 10k pace was 6:18min/mile. 7th and 8th mile pace was 7:03min/mile. Rest pace was between 7:30min/mile-8:00min/mile.

Thursday 9/19/19: OrangeTheory


My heart rate monitor died about 20 minutes into my OrangeTheory workout 😢! I am confident I burned more than 200 calories lol. Hey, at least I got my 12 splat points before it died!

Friday 9/20/19: Easy Run and Yoga

3-5 mile aerobic run


My run went well! I didn't fall like I did last week. Yoga felt great! It is always just what I need!

Saturday 9/21/19: Long Run

Marathon Simulation (on rolling hill course):
7-9 miles easy
7-9 miles at MP
1-2 miles easy

As always, I just wanted to complete my run since marathon simulations usually don't go well for me.  It was also the longest distance to run so far during my training. I attempting carb loading (sort of successful). I think it helped.


I actually felt really good during this one. It was a bit chilly, but the cooler weather definitely helped my go the distance and maintain the average pace I did. I got a fitbit and used it for the first time on this run!

Sunday 9/22/19: Rest

Today, I had a massage and it felt really good and helped with my long run recovery. I also ate really terribly, but that's okay. I will do better these next few weeks. I have to really focus on my eating to give myself the best performance possible for my marathon!

Now, for my measurements. First, here are my last measurements.

8/26/2019 Measurements:

Weight: 121.6lbs
Neck: 12in
Chest: 33in
Waist: 26.5in
Hip: 35in
Left Thigh: 21in
Right Thigh: 21in
Left Calf: 13in
Right Calf: 13in
Left Bicep: 10.25in
Right Bicep: 10.25in
Left Forearm: 9.25in
Right Forearm: 9.375in
Wrist: 6.25in

Body Fat w/tape measurements: 23.09%
Body Fat w/caliper: 20.6%
-Abs: 17mm
-Suprailiac: 19mm
-Tricep: 14mm
-Thigh: 19mm

Average Body Fat: 21.84%

Now, for today's measurements!

Today's Measurements:

Weight: 122.2lbs
Neck: 12in
Chest: 32.75in
Waist: 26.25in
Hip: 35in
Left Thigh: 20.75in
Right Thigh: 20.75in
Left Calf: 13.25in
Right Calf: 13.25in
Left Bicep: 10.25in
Right Bicep: 10.25in
Left Forearm: 9.25in
Right Forearm: 9.375in
Wrist: 6.25in

Body Fat w/tape measurements: 22.73%
Body Fat w/caliper: 20.36%
-Abs: 17mm
-Suprailiac: 19mm
-Tricep: 13mm
-Thigh: 19mm

Average Body Fat: 21.545%



Even though my weight increased, my body fat still went down (only by a little, but still)! Yay! I am close to my body fat percentage goals and weight goals! I did bad with my eating today, both with what I ate and the amount I ate. These next few weeks, I am going to be really good about both my caloric intake as well as what I am eating. I am really hoping to be at my goal weight and goal body fat percentage by my marathon. I will either take measurements in 3 weeks or in 4 weeks like normal, but it would be the Saturday before my marathon. That's crazy. Only four more weeks left. I have been training for 5 months. I have only missed one long run so far, but I ran a 5k that morning so it's all good!

I am going to be staring a mix of the MIND diet as well as a pescatarian diet. I am not going to 100% do the pescatarian aspect, I will still have some poultry and meat, but a lot less often. My calorie goals are still for cutting and my macro goals are still 50% Carbs, 25% Protein, 25% Fats with a higher carb ratio when I am carb loading.

I have no idea why I am going to do after my marathon. Maybe, I will start training for a different one, or for a personal best half marathon. Maybe, I'll work towards completing a triathalon. The possibilities are endless! It is crazy to me that it is almost over.

"Never give up, everyone has bad days. Pick yourself up and keep going."-unknown

We all have bad days. Heck even bad weeks. My past few weeks have definitely not been as good as they could have been. I still keep going. Keep trying and putting in that effort, It doesn't always go your way, but that doesn't mean you stop trying.

Until next time,
<3 Ari <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions in Progress

Improving that Leviosa!

Remembrall Needed, Mine's Busted!