Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! I hope your day was filled absolute bliss, love, and joy! I am a dog mom and love my pup so much! Today, I had breakfast with my grandma and went to an escape room with my mom. It was tons of fun! Did you see that episode of Game of Thrones πŸ˜₯😒?!?! I can't believe it's almost over! Yesterday, I went to eat Ramen and get ice cream with my siblings.

That Ramen 😍

It was really fun to hang out with them, and the food was delicious!

This week I was in Salt Lake City, UT for work, and it was beautiful!


Despite being out of town, I still managed to fit in exercise! This week was Week 2 of my training, and I followed it! Yay! Here it is in review:

Monday 5/6/19: Run

I did a 7 mile run in 54 minutes on the treadmill. Running on the treadmill is not my favorite, but gotta do what you gotta do.

Tuesday 5/7/19: Biceps, Triceps, and Shoulders

2 sets for 15 reps:
Alternating Shoulder Presses
In & Out Bicep Curls
Tricep Kickbacks

Deep Swimmer Presses
Full Supination Concentration Curls
Chair Dips

Upright Rows
Static Arm Curls
Flip-grip Tricep Kickbacks

Seated Two-Angle Shoulder Flys
Crouching Cohen Curls
Lying-down Tricep Extensions

In & Out Straight Arm Shoulder Flys
Congdon Curls
Side Tri-Rises

I used the same routine from last week. My weight was 10lb dumbbells except for the Shouder Flys (those were 5lb dumbbells). Since I was using smaller weights, I increased the reps to 15. I did two sets of three exercises at a time (how they are grouped in threes above). After, I did 10 minutes of cardio on the elliptical.

Wednesday 5/8/19: Run

I did a 5 mile run at a 9 min/mile pace.

Thursday 5/9/19: Chest and Back

4 sets for 10 reps:
Floor Dumbbell Chest Press: 25lb dumbbells
Renegade Rows: 25lb dumbbells
Dumbbell Press Up: 25lb dumbbells
Reverse Fly: 10lb dumbbells

Friday 5/10/19: Run

I did a 5 mile run at a 9 min/mile pace.

Saturday 5/11/19: Long Run and Yoga



10 mile long run! I did not want to run at all. The weather was cloudy, and I thought it might rain. Plus, I was just so tired. I think part of that was that I didn't have a rest day in almost two weeks. Let me tell you, it was much needed. Even though I was not feeling it, I still ran an 8 minute mile, which I was happy with. I added in a yoga session, which felt really great!

Sunday 5/12/19: Rest

I really enjoyed this rest day (not just because it was mothers day and I got to hang out with my momma and family) but because I needed it. I walked my dog to my brother's house (as has been routine for Game of Thrones Sundays)! I also stretched for an hour. I am going to try to incorporate more yoga and stretching into my routine throughout the week. I weighed in at 132lb which I was happy with because that meant I didn't do terrible while out of town!

I am going to change up my diet and focus on macronutrients. This was a busy week and weekend, so I did not get a chance to calculate them or meal plan and prep. I have been looking into it, and once I get it figured out, I will let you know what it is! I think focusing on macros will help me reach my goals with weight loss, body fat percentage, and improve my performance. I am excited to try this out! Changing things up with nutrition and exercise routine is important to learn what works and what does not for you individually. We're all different after all!

"A Goal Should Scare You A Little And Excite You A Lot."-Unknown

My goals aways scare me, but they do excite me. I love the challenge of them. I love how I feel when I reach them. Mostly, I love the journey, filled with ups and downs, to get to them!

Lots of Love,
πŸ’šAriπŸ’—

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions in Progress

Improving that Leviosa!

Remembrall Needed, Mine's Busted!