Time Turner Use Complete: We're All Caught Up!

Good evening everyone! I got my Harry Potter Blender Bottle!!! Yayyy!! I'm so happy! Anyways, thanks for sticking it out for recounting my journey made possible with those time turners. Yes, I somehow managed to snag one that was not completely destroyed 😂. I hope it wasn't a complete bore to you. I also hope it has helped you in some way, whether it's been learning what not to do, something that might work for you, or even inspiring you a tad. My journey's not over, and I still have some goals in mind. I hope you stick with me through new ups, downs, and challenges I face!

My Harry Potter Blender Bottle!

Beginning last week (8/6/18 when I got home from my friends wedding), I changed my diet plan to focus on my macros. I had never paid much attention to them even though I know focusing on them really enhances progress you want to make. Macros are macronutrients consisting of the three nutrients we eat most and provide the most energy which are carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.

The automatic goals set from Myfitnesspal were:

50% Carbs
30% Fat
20% Protein
1200 Calories

I had mostly been meeting those macro goals without really trying or focusing on what I was eating (but trying to eat less junk food and incorporate healthier options).

With help from Lee, I changed my macro goals to be:

30% Carbs
35% Fats
35% Proteins
1320 Calories

My goal is taking a focus towards abs and lowering my body fat percentage, so it's a combination to focus on lean muscle mass and minimize fat gain. Also, to keep me feeling fuller longer. This was also in conjunction with intermittent fasting since I started that accidentally. I tend to snack before bed...a little too much, so I set a time to stop eating. Then, I normally don't eat until 8am anyway so it turned into a 12 hour fast (which from what I read is the minimum for intermittent fasting). So just trying to stop snacking at night started a new thing for me 😂. The calories are still aimed at losing weight (Albeit more slowly) since I had a few bad weeks since my latest progress photo 🙈. I am also going to try a new program starting on Monday, so my macros and exercise regimen are all going to change, but I'll fill you in on that for my post next week!

My first week focusing on macros, I cheated a little (maybe more than a little) with sweet treats, but I didn't beat myself up over it since I was doing way better than previous weeks.

My measurements taken July 14, 2018 (time of progress photo 13):
Neck: 12.2 in 
Chest: 33.1 in 
Left Arm: 10.1 in
Right Arm: 10.2 in
Waist: 27.8 in
Hips: 35.6 in
Left Thigh: 21.1 in
Right Thigh: 21.3 in
Weight: 123.2 lbs

Compared to the first measurements I took for the health challenge I did April 1, 2017:
Neck: 13.1 in
Chest: 39.1 in 
Left Arm: 11.1 in
Right Arm: 11.4 in
Waist: 37.5 in
Hips: 40.3 in
Left Thigh: 25.2 in
Right Thigh: 25.0 in
Weight: 154.6 lbs

Last week, I bought a pair of pants without trying them on not knowing if they'd fit, but when I tried them on at home, they fit! I started at a size 12 pants and am now a size 4 😮 (that was the size of the pants I bought)! My latest measurements taken Aug 17, 2018 (not umm the best since most of the time since July 14 I haven't done the greatest) are:

Neck: 12.2 in
Chest: 33.1 in 
Left Arm: 10.1 in
Right Arm: 10.1 in
Waist: 27.7 in
Hips: 34.3 in
Left Thigh: 20.3 in
Right Thigh: 20.6 in
Weight: 125.9 lbs



 Progress Photo 13 plus my tiny muscle (Aug 17, 2018)

I am trying to work on my muscle now so I'm hoping my tiny muscle gets more defined and stronger 😝. I am getting back on track with my diet plan. since I have been out of town a lot of weekends since the beginning of July, my exercise routine shifted a little (and I struggled with my diet), but this past week it was back on track (with even less cheating than the first week):

Mon: 30 min of cardio on Elliptical
5 min at level 10
10 min at level 11
10 min at level 12
5 min at level 13
Tues: 60 minutes of cardio on Stair Climber (calorie burner interval) plus weight training
20 minutes at level 18
20 minutes at level 19
20 minutes at level 20
5 sets of:
Chest press
Rows
Press
Hyperextensions
Abs
Started at 17 reps then 20, 23, 25, and 25 (I don't have the weight because I forgot to ask 😕)
Wed: 30 minutes of cardio on Arctrainer plus legs
4 sets
Leg Press Wide
Seated Leg Curls
Leg Press Middle
Leg Extensions
Leg Press Narrow
Abs
Reps of 17 and my trainer increased the weight each time (also forgot to ask again). He also had me do a different angle on the leg press! It was hard, but I  love pushing myself, and I love leg day 💖.
Thurs: 30 minutes Arctrainer (my legs were too sore for stair climber...I tried)
Fri: 30 minutes on Elliptical in the morning
Deadlifts plus Abs in the afternoon 
Sat: 15 minutes of Cardio on Elliptical plus Cardio Kickboxing
Sun: Rest

There is my week in review. I normally tend to just do 30 minutes of cardio on days I lift, but I was making up for not doing much cardio Monday I guess. I know it's better to do steady state cardio on lift days. I love high intensity cardio, but it's better when that's all your doing for less stress on your body.

Okay, so one of my New Year's Resolutions was to only have McDonald's once a week. I work near one and was having it 3 or 4 times a week, which is not good 😅. I am happy to report that I haven't had it at all for two and a half weeks nor have I really wanted it that much!! This is major progress for me! That's all I have for you today!

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."-Jim Ryun

Enjoy your weekend,
Ari 💘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions in Progress

Improving that Leviosa!

Remembrall Needed, Mine's Busted!